Children’s Minister Job Description and Responsibilities
The Children’s Minister provides vision, direction, and oversight for the entire children’s ministry at Macedonia Baptist Church (infant –5th grade). The Children’s Minister provides leadership, training, support, oversight, and cohesiveness to all children’s ministry staff, both volunteer & paid. The Children’s Minister works closely with the Pastor, other staff, and the Children’s Committee and is responsible for both the development and implementation of a robust and diverse program for the spiritual formation of children of all ages and spiritual depths and equipping of parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Committed Christ-follower who feels a call by God to serve in children’s ministry.
- A person of vision and conviction possessing the heart of a teacher.
- Willingness to collaborate with existing staff and volunteers to grow the vision and passion of the Children’s Department
- Ability to consistently follow-up with current children/families
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational, mentorship, and leadership skills
- A person of contagious energy
- Ability to build, inspire, and lead volunteer teams
- Work effectively in conjunction with the staff, Children’s Committee, and ministry program volunteers
- Plan in a timely manner, organize, publicize, promote, coordinate and/or oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, summer programming, Upward Sports, special events (e.g. VBS, Christmas Party, Easter Egg Hunt, and other quarterly events etc.).
- Choose and prepare curriculum designed to effectively grow the children’s knowledge and desire for a deep relationship with God for each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth through fun and community.
- Creatively recruit, train, mentor, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers.
- Provide care for children and families within the church including missed attendance and decision follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for actively reaching and welcome new families to the church and have welcome packets ready for children and parents so they know what is happening and how they can be a part.
- Maintain social media with consistent follow-up and accurate/timely calendar events.
Candidates must pass a background screening prior to being employed.
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.