The Media Specialist (MS) is part of the Digital Ministries team responsible for creating video content for use during weekly services, on social media and on the church website. The MS should be an avid storyteller with the ability to captivate and inspire others to exercise their faith. This role will primarily edit video content using Adobe Premiere, but will also engage in other parts of the video production process through scriptwriting, project coordination, location scouting, talent coaching, producing, directing and operating video, sound and lighting equipment. This is a part-time position averaging 20 hours per week. A portfolio showcasing your ability to produce inspiring media is required to apply.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
- Serves as an engaged member of the digital ministries team with the ability to pitch ideas, collaborate and execute media content to support weekly worship services and online communication.
- Edit weekly sermon content for on-demand viewing and customized social media posts.
- Plan, write, direct, shoot and edit announcement videos for weekly worship services.
- Shoot and edit custom video content for FBC Peachtree City’s worship experiences and social media platforms to create compelling, high-performing video stories.
- Collaborate with ministry staff to create relevant Biblical teaching content for fbcptc.org and social media
- Collaborate with the communications team to optimize content for each platform's objectives, which include viewership and engagement
- Maintain, organize, catalog, and manage all digital video and photography assets
- Communicate, on an ongoing basis, the status of projects, ensuring team members are kept up to date
- Additional tasks and projects as needed
- Advanced video storytelling skills with demonstrated ability to weave good design into the overall project.
- Be an active and growing follower of Christ who is capable and willing to share one’s faith, as well as invest spiritually in others.
- Model consistent Christ-like character as a growing follower of Christ.
- Exhibit a consistent commitment to the ministry and mission of First Baptist Church and its leaders.
- Must be a team player with no issues rolling up your sleeves to help each other.
- Ability to respond to changing needs and shifting priorities
- 1 year of video editing experience
- High proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Intermediate working ability in After Effects and Photoshop
- Strong familiarity with producing video content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, and TikTok
- Ability to quickly identify, address and incorporate emerging trends
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working, both independently and collaboratively, with teams that include ministry leaders, producers, directors, other videographers, motion graphics artists, writers, and sound designers
- Mastery of digital storytelling techniques required (lighting, cinematography, editing)
- Time-management and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects in a high-energy, fast-paced environment with shifting
deadlines and deliverables