Worship/Media and Outreach Pastor Job Description and Requirements
· Clear call to ministry and a spiritually mature follower of Christ.
· Ability to lead a genuine blended service.
· Have a desire to reach people for Christ through worship
· Understand current music worship culture and continue to stay up on current trends in worship.
· Education and experience. A degree (from a Baptist or like-minded school) is preferred.
· Teachable spirit and Team player
· Adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message (2000)
· Does not practice Calvinism – reformed in theology
· A resume is required. A statement of Faith is also required.
· Must be knowledgeable in all current media, live streaming, and pro-presenter media avenues. We use Apple/Mac products in our Sunday services.
· Will report to and serve alongside the Senior pastor.
· Develop an overall worship plan with the senior pastor for Zion. Planning all worship services in coordination with the Pastor and will lead each worship service.
· Lead First Impressions Ministries (e.g., volunteers outside and inside the church to greet visitors and assist them in finding a life group class) and Assimilation Ministries.
· Community Evangelism opportunities in all areas, not just music – working with the other pastors to plan and coordinate the vision of the church and help to promote the ministries and activities Zion will do to reach out to the community in sharing the gospel story.
· Coordinate all worship functions of Sunday morning and evening services to include live stream and sound.
· Directly responsible for the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive music ministry based on the current worship trends.
· Creating the annual budget based on the worship needs for Zion and adhering to this budget.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Responsible for maintaining the music materials, supplies, and musical instruments (those owned by Zion) and other music equipment, including the sound, lighting, and visual media.
· Supervise the musical paid staff, which includes the organist and pianist.
· Develop, train, and create a schedule for a sound and video team that can be available to assist with worship services, funerals, and other events where sound or video might be needed.
· Directing and organizing, along with the help of volunteers, all choirs for all age groups (e.g., adults, seniors, youth, and children) as well as instrumental groups.
· Hosting musical groups that desire to have a concert at Zion to include popular gospel and mainstream groups/soloists, college and local high school choirs, or community groups.
· Continued education on worship trends by attending training programs through the GBMC, SBC, and other such venues.
- Train others in the church to take leadership in these different areas so as to not overburden yourself.
· Take an active part in the Stone Mountain Association and maintain a relationship with other worship leaders in the association.
This position includes but is not limited to the above-listed responsibilities—other responsibilities as assigned by the senior pastor or personnel team.
Please include with your resume a couple of links to services you have led, as well as two professional ministry references and one personal reference.
Salary is to be determined based on experience. We have a parsonage that is available to the future candidate and His family.