First Baptist Church Georgetown, SC Minister of Music/Worship Position
First Baptist Church in Georgetown, SC, whose purpose is to glorify Jesus Christ by impacting the world through missions, spirit filled worship and biblical teaching in a loving, caring, and united fellowship is currently seeking a strong leader possessing a passion for both traditional and contemporary music for a blended worship experience, a commitment to musical excellence, the ability to lead instrumentalists and vocalists, the skills for playing a musical instrument, and the ability to lead congregational singing. He firmly believes that through our worship, God will be praised and glorified, people will be connected to each other, and the un-churched and non-believers will hear the proclamation of the good news of Jesus Christ.
Personal Attributes Required:
- The man of God chosen must be Christ-centered, self-disciplined, motivated, and an orderly individual with a servant’s heart.
- This person must possess experience, training, and expertise in the field of music and worship, directing choirs, and be able to relate with the Pastor, musicians (including choirs), tech team, staff, and church members.
- This person would need to set a good example of spiritual and family life and can relate well with all ages, from children to the senior adults.
Qualifications for this ministry:
- A personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and a life demonstrating a commitment to grow in that relationship
- The maintaining of proper priorities in the home
- A love for and enjoyment of people
- A yearning to reach the lost
- A willingness to work within a pastoral team
- A heart for personal and corporate worship of God
- The ability to read and play music
- The ability to direct congregational singing
- A passion to involve and equip people for ministry
- The ability to recruit, organize, and lead choirs, ensembles, and instrumentalists
- An understanding of the theology of worship
Credentials for this ministry:
- Undergraduate and/or seminary degree in a music-related field
- Gifted musician and vocalist
- Minimum of five years of pastoral ministry experience
Resumes can be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
**All resumes received will be held with strict confidentiality**