Thomasville Road Baptist Church (TRBC) is prayerfully seeking a full-time Worship Leader who will glorify God and serve His church by planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive worship ministry. This candidate will have a gift and a passion for creating and leading meaningful worship experiences that resonate with all generations in our worship services. The candidate will create opportunities for others to learn, grow, and use their musical talents to glorify God through choirs, praise teams, and orchestra. The candidate will also have a passion for seeing others come to know Christ and grow in their relationship with Him.
Position Overview and Requirements
- Education and Experience- The ideal candidate will have a college degree and be able to demonstrate a minimum two years’ experience in being the lead congregational worship minister. Relevant experience may substitute for college degree in limited circumstances as determined by the search committee and/or personnel committee. It is preferred the candidate have experience in conducting choirs, orchestras, and praise teams. The candidate will be theologically sound and will comfortably align with the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. Must be eligible for and commit to membership at TRBC.
- Ministry Skills-In addition to leading the Worship Ministry, the worship leader will build effective relationships across all generations within the church and in the Tallahassee community. This strong, organized, confident leader will work closely with our Lead Pastor and other staff on fulfilling the overall vision of Thomasville Road Baptist Church. The candidate will be a good steward of the church’s finances and will hold a respectful commitment to the Southern Baptist Convention and its programs.
- Personal Qualifications-The ideal candidate will model the life of a disciple by maintaining an evident and strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and by setting an example to others in humility, servanthood, and personal purity. If married, the candidate will be devoted to his/her family by maintaining a healthy balance between home and ministry responsibilities.
Starting salary range-$45,999 to $62,745.
About Our Church
Thomasville Road Baptist Church is a community of believers who are helping people find and follow Jesus. We equip both believers and seekers to pursue God, worship Jesus Christ, proclaim the gospel, and serve others. Our multigenerational church prioritizes missions locally and globally by giving, praying, sending, and going. Our 18-acre campus with over 100,000 square feet of air-conditioned space is strategically located in the heart of Tallahassee, Florida. Worship ministry resources include our spacious choir rehearsal room, sound and video equipment, and a robust music library. People come from all over Leon County and surrounding areas to worship with us. With a $2.5 million budget and an average attendance of 550 in small group Bible studies and 425 in worship on campus each Sunday, we strive to be good stewards of the resources with which God has blessed us. Since 1952, we have been sharing the life-changing love of Christ. We are a church that has had a difficult four years. We have a strong and active core, are strategically located, and have recently restructured to help us grow and to sustain that growth through future leadership changes. There is potential and freedom to grow, not in someone else’s image but in the direction God is leading.
Tallahassee is the largest city in the panhandle and the capital of Florida, the third-largest state in the nation. Located in Leon County, it is the home of many government agencies, lobbying organizations, trade and state associations, and the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory (Mag Lab). Tallahassee is also home to Florida State University, Florida A&M University, and Tallahassee Community College serving more than 70,000 students. At least 48% of residents age 25 and older have a bachelor’s or higher degree. Top employers include the State of Florida, FSU, and Leon County Schools. According to the 2017 census, there are 191,000 people living in Tallahassee. Approximately 75% of those people are 45 years old or younger, with a median age of 27 years old.
Our top-rated K-12 school systems include public, private, charter, Christian, and homeschool options. Children and youth participate in a variety of sports through city leagues, private leagues, school teams, travel teams, and Upward Sports. Our canopy roads, parks and gardens, lakes and nearby rivers, mountain-bike paths, greenways, golf courses, and running trails provide plenty of outdoor adventures. Weekends in Tallahassee are filled with various festivals, 5K/10K races, concerts, theater shows, and of course, plenty of sporting events. The temperature in Tallahassee ranges from an average of 41 degrees in the winter to 91 degrees in the summer. Springtime and early summer bring beautiful blooming azaleas and lots of afternoon rain showers. St. George Island, the closest beach to Tallahassee, is a 90-minute drive away. For more detailed information regarding Leon County and Tallahassee including climate, public school grades, crime rate, cost of living, and population data, we invite you to explore the Tallahassee-Leon County Office of Economic Vitality at http://oevforbusiness.org.
Items should be sent to the TRBC Worship Leader Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit all application items by 5:00 pm on Monday, January 16, 2023.
All qualified candidates should submit the following documents and items to the Worship Leader Search Committee:
- Resume including a full list of churches (with size of congregation and typical attendance in worship services and small groups) where you have served in any ministry role
- Four references – two business and two personal (References will not be called until later in the selection process)
- Website links to videos of you leading a worship service (if applicable)
Note: Candidates who are selected for further consideration will be asked to consent to additional reference checks and a full background check including criminal and financial history performed through an outside agency to ensure confidentiality.