Morningside Church (Atlanta, GA)
Morningside is a gospel-centered church replant in the heart of Midtown Atlanta that launched Easter 2022. Everything we do is guided by our values “Gospel, Family, Mission.” We aim to leverage our entire ministry around making disciples who are believing the gospel, growing as family, and living on mission. With an expanding children's ministry we are excited to invite a candidate to join our team in partnership with parents to raise up the next generation of passionate Jesus followers who believe the gospel, grow as family, and live on mission to the glory of God.
Job Description :
The Morningside Kids Director is primarily responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive discipleship plan for the children of the church (0-5th) who are a part of the 0 – 18 ministry. Reaching and discipling this age group for Christ is one of the most important roles at our church, therefore this role is crucial in order for us to be successful in achieving our mission.
The Morningside Kids Director shall:
-Develop and maintain a comprehensive discipleship plan for all persons 0 – 5th grade in the church that promotes Gospel, Family, Mission. In order to do this he/she shall:
- Recruit, develop, and oversee the key volunteers in the areas of preschool ministry, and children’s ministry.
- Create a systematic approach to training, discipling, and encouraging all volunteers within ministry.
- Choose and administer curriculum applicable to this area of ministry.
- Create service opportunities for both children and their families to encourage living on mission.
- Build disciple-making relationships with the children in this ministry.
- Provide discipleship material for all persons 7-12 in their personal devotional life.
- Plan and execute outreach events (i.e. Vacation Bible School).
-Develop and maintain a comprehensive plan for encouraging and training parents in their role as disciple-makers for their children. In order to do this he/she shall:
- Work with the senior pastor to develop parenting classes specifically geared toward disciple-making in the home.
- Develop and distribute tools for family worship.
- Work with the pastor to regularly integrate the training of parents as disciple-makers in the public life of the church.
- Work with the Groups ministry to regularly integrate family discipleship into Group curriculum.
-Work with senior pastor to shepherd and disciple the members of the church. In order to do this he/she shall:
- Help speak into and execute the church's vision, and help lead in the formation and establishment of church culture.
- Care for the people well and help to disciple spiritual leaders.
- All other duties that the Senior Pastor shall give.