The Pastor of Oak Grove Baptist Church is to be the spiritual leader of the church. He is responsible to the Lord and the church to proclaim the gospel and teach the Bible primarily. He also engages in pastoral care, provides supervisory leadership in all areas, and administrates the paid and volunteer staff.
- Biblical Preaching
- Provides Leadership
- Relates well to a variety of people
- Missionary Spirit
- Builds Unity
- Agrees with Church Theological Statement (ogbc.church/we-believe)
- Between the ages of 35-50 (again not required)
- Desirable for Pastor to have previous experience as a pastor in another church
- Ten years of experience as a Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, Youth Pastor, and/or a Missionary
- Master’s in a Theological Degree
Traits for our Pastor to Demonstrate:
- He has an evident walk with God
- He is a leader willing to enlist, train, and work through other leaders in the church body.
- A man who models leadership and care for his spouse and children
- He has a heart for missions and practices missions
- He gives evidence that he is still growing in faith, sharpening his skills, and has a teachable spirit
- A person who can embrace and care for people different from himself, his culture, and his values.
- Plan and conduct worship services; prepare and deliver sermons and lead in observance of the church ordinances.
- Lead the church in an effective evangelism program and a caring ministry for those in the church and community.
- Lead in an effective program for visiting members and prospects.
- Conduct counseling sessions, perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funerals.
- Lead the church in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the total program of the church.
- Cooperate with the local association, state convention, and Southern Baptist Convention leadership in matters of mutual interest and concern. Represent the church in civic matters.
- Act as moderator of the church business meeting. (Unless someone else is elected as moderator).
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities and hold each other accountable.
- Serve as administrator of the paid church staff; supervise the work of the ministry staff, both volunteer and paid ministers and directors.
Oak Grove Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a pastor to lead us where God would have us as a church body to continue our mission. We look forward to reviewing your application. In the meantime, you can learn more about Oak Grove Baptist Church by visiting our website at ogbc.church.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume
- Letter of Recommendation (not required)
Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or via regular mail to:
Attn: Oak Grove Baptist Church Pastor Search Team
Oak Grove Baptist Church
2829 Oak Grove Church Rd.
Carrollton, GA 30117