The vision of Ringgold First Baptist Church is to create a community of authentic believers and to witness a city transformed by the life changing reality of the gospel, as people come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Therefore, it is our mission to glorify God by loving Him with our whole heart, telling others the good news about Jesus, loving our neighbors as ourselves, growing to become like Christ, and obeying all He taught.
We are seeking a believer in Jesus Christ who is willing to use skills and talents at the piano to support the music ministry of the church as outlined in the responsibilities below. This person will possess spiritual maturity, high respect for the authority of the Bible, and a growing faith that is evident as they live their public and private life. We ask that this person becomes a member of First Baptist Church who supports the greater vision of the pastor and ministry staff as well as our Statement of Faith and Constitution and Bylaws.
- Appropriately accompanying congregational singing, choirs, and other groups
- Accurately reading sheet music
- An ability to read lead sheets and improvise in Christian contemporary and gospel stylings is preferred
- Perform as a soloist
- Perform with instrumental groups
- Performs all music as assigned by the music minister for weekly Sunday worship services
- Rehearses with the music minister and organist at an agreed upon time each week
- Accompanies the Sanctuary Choir on Wednesday nights
- Accompanies the Senior Adult Choir during rehearsals and performances on and off campus
- Available to rehearse Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM.
- Rehearses with soloists or groups that are participating in worship services or special events.
- Assists the Minister of Music in locating a suitable replacement during vacations or emergencies beyond the control of the pianist.
- Relate to and interact with the people attending Ringgold First Baptist Church and fostering church wide unity
- Continue development of musical skills by attending training opportunities approved by the Minister of Music
- The pianist is expected to be the accompanist for all special rehearsals and performances. These include but are not limited to Christmas rehearsals and performances, Special Nights of Worship, and other programs that are not a part of regular Sunday Worship Services or Wednesday night activities.
- It is preferred that the pianist be available for weddings and funerals, if possible.
- Part-Time (Typically Sunday 8:30-12:30, Tuesday 11:00-12:00, Wednesday Night 6:00-8:45, and one hour at an arranged time with the Music Minister)
- Send inquiries to email@example.com