The Senior Pastor is responsible for providing vision and leadership in fulfilling the mission of Faith Baptist Church. He is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach biblical revelation, to engage in evangelism and pastoral care, and to provide leadership to the staff.
The Senior Pastor is responsible to the church membership through the leadership of the Church Council and the Deacon Body.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A born-again Christian, called, ordained, and committed to the evangelical commission of the New Testament Church.
- A seminary or advanced degree is required. A doctoral degree or actively enrolled in a program leading to a doctoral degree is a plus.
- Mature in thought and action with established experience as a leader of people and service on a church staff.
- Must excel at communication, relationships, and leadership.
- Self-starter and innovator who can strategically develop new initiatives, teams, and events.
- Believes and teaches the inerrancy and infallibility of the Bible.
- Aligns with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Passionate about reaching individuals and families for Christ.
- Meet the qualifications for Pastor as outlined in Scripture (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-16; 1 Peter 5:1-5).
- Serve as the primary spiritual leader in prayer, Bible study, worship, and missions.
- Lead in the preaching, teaching, and administration of God’s Word to the members of Faith Baptist Church.
- Develop, proclaim, and support the mission and vision of Faith Baptist Church.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the ministerial church staff.
- Plan and provide leadership for the observance of church ordinances (Baptism and Communion).
- Minister to the spiritual and personal needs of the church family and the community.
- Conduct pastoral counseling sessions, wedding ceremonies, and funeral services as needed and requested by church members.
- Work alongside staff and deacons in coordinating comprehensive pastoral care ministry for the church and promoting unity and harmony within the church.
- Serve as an advisor and non-voting member of all committees and teams involved in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the church’s ministry.
- Maintain a good working relationship with associational, state, and national Baptist entities.
- Represent the church in civic matters as needed.
- Maintain a positive spiritual attitude and personal walk with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain balance in family, life, and ministry.
- Maintain good grooming, modest dress, and a cooperative spirit.
- Maintain financial integrity in personal finances.
- Maintain open and offense-free relationships with the vocational staff.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries in working with the opposite sex in ministry.
The Senior Pastor will serve as a full-time employee of Faith Baptist Church. This person will be expected to work 40+ hours each week and be on call as needed for ministry assistance. The personnel committee will establish the salary package commensurate to education and experience. The financial package will include salary and housing, full health benefits, retirement, and other related benefits as described in the policy manual.
Faith Baptist Church is in partnership with the Mid-south Baptist Association, the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board, and the Southern Baptist Convention. Faith Baptist Church is a consistent leader in financial support for of these ministries.
The Mission of Faith Baptist Church is to glorify God through passionate worship, personal evangelism, purposeful discipleship, practical ministry, and participation in missions.
Our Vision is first to love God supremely and love others sacrificially. Then, in fulfilling the Great Commission, we are committed to sharing the Gospel, starting new churches, and ministries, strengthening existing churches, and sending workers into the fi